Social Media Absence and Computer Issues

Recently, I announced I would be taking time away from both Twitter & Instagram for the remainder of 2023. My plan was to remain active on both Pinterest & Spotify. Not long after my post about leaving to clear my head, I began experiencing technical issues with my computer. Originally noticing these problems on Wednesday September 13, 2023; my computer appeared to have crashed. Forced to call Geek Squad, initially I was told to push & hold down the main power button after failing to find a flip switch on the back of my device. Failing to work, I was left with no other option but to pull the main power cord to my tower. Appearing to have solved the problem, I rebooted my computer and hung up with Geek Squad. It wasn’t until the next day however, after completing a series of Windows Updates that my computer crashed yet again! Forcing me to make an in-person visit to Best Buy, I made an appointment for a Geek Squad tech to visit my home; which one did on Sunday September 17, 2023. Upon in person inspection, my computer was unhooked and removed from my home for further repairs. I have had my HP Pavilion desktop since 2014 (purchased that year from Future Shop, before the store officially closed not long after) and up until recently, any technical issues I had previously were relatively few and minor cases; requiring a simple solution with an in-person technician to diagnose and treat the problem. Calling Geek Squad on the afternoon of Friday September 22, 2023 for an update on my device, I was informed that cleaning was completed on my desktop. However, due to a delay in available workspace, allowing repairs & other devices in front of mine also needing work, it was revealed other issues were presenting themselves. Including additional crashes (or difficulty keeping my computer powered). Concerned this might happen, I began mulling over all the variables when I didn’t hear anything back after the 72 hr mark. Among those, involved taking money out of my savings account to purchase a laptop. Among other issues I experienced before the initial crash, was my internet seemingly dropping. Which I would later have explained to me, seems to have been caused by a DNS attack! Luckily, on the early morning of Tuesday September 26th, 2023 (just after 9am) I received a phone call from Geek Squad, informing me repairs on my computer were completed & the tech who removed my tower from my home for repairs, would return with it. Which happily, took place Sunday October 1st, 2023. Aside from rehooking my computer and making sure installation & programming ran smoothly and completing some Windows Updates for me, everything seemed to be back to normal. Then on Tuesday October 3rd, 2023; while updating my Pinterest account, my computer crashed yet again! Frustrated, I did as the last time and pulled the main power cord. Rebooting my computer, I managed to get back online, cleared my browser history & shut everything down. Irritated by these new developments, once again I visited Best Buy but this time…. Purchased a new laptop for myself after cleaning $700 out of my savings account. Thankfully, I came under budget and bought a brand new ACER Windows 11. With a list on hand of all the programming I wanted on it, I picked up my new device on Thursday October 5, 2023 after buying it the previous day. Though briefly caught between a rock and hard place while attempting to get a WiFi connection to my new laptop, with a little help from my main internet provider and a lengthy phone conversation walking me through everything, I have everything finally up and running. A very large Thank you to both MNSi and Geek Squad for helping me through all my technical headaches.

Comments